Stories of Eye Loss
Finding out that you are about to lose your eye is a terrible shock for most people. The fear of the unknown makes things even worse. You may not know what life will be like with one eye.
While nothing can take away the natural shock and grief that comes with this circumstance. There is a lot we can do about the fear. Information helps people feel more confident about their future.
On this page we hope to gather stories of eye loss from all over the world. These are stories of eye loss recoveries and lives that can be wonderful despite this set back.
These stories may not just benefit people who have recently lost an eye. It is possible to live a whole life having an artificial eye and never meeting anyone else who also has one.
These days artificial eyes can go unnoticed – which is just what you want. You may even have met someone else with an artificial eye and not even known it. Such circumstances can leave people feeling a little isolated. Maybe these stories can ease that feeling just a little.
- I just received my prosthetic eye 3 days ago-Lizzy
- ‘A SIGHT BY HEART’- JOSEFINA GUILLERMO OLOROCISIMO
- Dylan was diagnosed with retinoblastoma (eye cancer) at 10 months
- FUNNY TO SAY LOST IT – LIKE IF I KEEP LOOKING I’LL FIND IT? – Sandra
- God saved and kept me this way!-Marilize
- Good luck to every one – Anna
- I am a 60 yr old who has lived with an artificial eye since I was a boy – Pete
- I am anticipating the day she asks about my eyes-Joanne
- I had my first game of golf last Wednesday-John
- I was a victim of domestic violence- Mia
- I’m still adjusting – Paula Hutson
- Keep your chin up… you will be fine -Tanya
- Losing my eye has not defined who I am as a person- Shaaron.
- Love you for you because the ones who care to judge don’t matter- Melissa
- Never give up just because I had monocular vision- John Kneipp
- Never stop believing in hope, everything will be alright one day- Lizzy
- Remain positive and never let anyone get under your skin-Arriel
- This beast is sneaky and it has no shame-Linda
- Watch Out-Nicola
- We are a rare breed of individuals- Anthony
- Wow what an amazing medical wonder for my son-Angela
- You may not be normal. But it is ‘your’ normal. It is a new normal-Esther
- I Injured My Right Eye When Five Years Old – Gary L. Gutschewski
- I was born with Micropthalmia in my left eye- Kaylee- age 15
- Stay beautiful- Osmanie’s Story
- Hijacking eye loss- Melanie
- I was a “lean mean fighting machine!” -Forrest Rose
- cute story (as silly as that sounds) – Barry Marks
- I Still Love To Play Sport – Bruce’s Story
- I Do Believe In Angels – Michael’s Artificial Eye Story
- Katrina’s Story
- Be Yourself And Never Hide Who You Are – Kate Shell
- Oscar And Eye Loss – Roger Rooney
- Baby I Was Born This Way – Frank’s Story
- PHPV – A Parent’s Story
- Live The Dream – Tony Armenti
- When I Lost My Eye – Tony Henfrey
- All In The Mind – Sanjay in Dubai
- Eye Will Survive – Debbie Atkinson’s Story
- A Story About Loretta – Jillian McIntyre
- When One Eye is Better Than Two – James Bonner in Australia
Share Your Story
Would you like to share your story? Please go to the Tell Us Your Story page.